Trilogy Homes at Glen Ivy is a tranquil resort community for active seniors! Homeowners must be over 55 years of age, and if they are over 62 they may want to look into the option of financing their new home with an FHA Reverse Mortgage.
An Example - Bob and Betty Buyer are purchasing a single story home and selling their two story family home.
- Bob is 76 and Betty is 75
- The clients' proceeds on their existing home after all expenses will be approximately $152,000.00
- With $152,000 to put into a new home and a HECM loan the clients have the purchasing power to obtain a home valued at up to $350,000 with no monthly mortgage payments - EVER!
Here is an overview of the Reverse Mortgage for Purchase program.
- FHA defines "HECM for Purchase" as a real estate purchase where title to the property is transferred to the HECM borrower, which the borrower will occupy as a principal residence, and, at the time of closing, the HECM first and second liens will be the only liens against the property.
There are 3 Major Benefits To Senior Homebuyers
- Gives homebuyers who are downsizing more purchasing power than if they had to pay all cash
- Designed to allow your seniors to purchase a new principal residence and obtain a Reverse Mortgage within a single transaction by eliminating the need for a second closing.
- Buyers do not have to "qualify" for monthly payments on the new purchase transaction. A significant detail to senior homebuyers on a fixed income.
Other Benefits to Senior Homebuyers
- Eliminates Monthly Mortgage Payments
- Borrower Maintains The Title
- Loan Is Non-Recourse
- Remaining Equity Goes To Borrower Or Borrower's Heirs, Not The Bank
- No Pre-Payment Penalty
- Usually No Income Verification Or Credit Score Requirement (If buyer is retaining their former home as rental property there are income requirements)
* Certain transactions will require "qualification" - ask your Reverse Mortgage Consultant for specific details.